Our Dear Patients,
We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal schedules and routines. While many things have changed, one thing that has remained the same is our commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has been a top priority for our practice as we have always followed Universal Infection Precautions (disinfecting the treatment room after every patient, autoclave sterilization of all non-disposable instruments and placement of disposable barriers over critical surfaces in the treatment room before each patient is seated).
Our office adheres to the infection control recommendations of the Amer. Dental Assoc., the CDC and OSHA. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings that may be issued. We will re-open our office from the COVID-19 shutdown next month, you may notice some changes during your next appointment.
These changes have been made to protect you and our staff, and they are as follows:
- Everyone is required to wear a facemask when entering the building.
- A staff member will ask screening questions regarding your health status.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the reception area, please sanitize your hands upon entering the building.
- Our reception area will no longer contain a sign-in sheet, magazines and brochures as these are difficult to disinfect.
- Your temperature will be taken with a no-contact forehead thermometer.
- You will be asked to rinse your mouth with an oral antiseptic prior to beginning treatment.
- Only the scheduled patient should enter the building, escorts will be asked to wait outside in order to comply with social distancing.
- Cold fogging of the air in the treatment rooms between patients.
- Appointments must be managed to allow for social distancing. We will do our best to minimize the wait for a desired appointment time.
- All payments must be collected before you are seated in the treatment room.
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have about the steps that we are taking to keep everyone safe.
Thank you for allowing us to be your dental home. We value your trust and loyalty and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Irvin and Staff
June 22, 2020